Work with us
Field Crop Management Internship
Start date: 1 April 2019 (flexible, depending on the successful candidate's availability)
End date: 31 January 2020 (potential to move into full-time work for the 2020 season)
This 10-month Internship will provide experience managing a mixed, organic vegetable and berry operation over the course of a growing season. Key tasks will include:
- calculating nutrient application for field crops,
- preparing growing areas,
- conducting transplanting and seeding,
- maintaining crop production records,
- harvesting and packing orders,
- working with farm staff to create field management task lists, harvest lists and overall crop management strategies including pest management.
This position is funded, in part, by Agriculture Canada's Career Focus Program. Eligibility criteria:
- 30 years or younger when starting the internship
- unemployed or underemployed
- have graduated from a university, college, DEP, or CEGEP (preferably an agricultural program)
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative and/or Career Focus Program)
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Wage: $14.25/hour plus health benefits
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered as they are received.